2018 Rod Run
Cobble Hill Country Grocer, Beverly Corners Show & Shine and the Cowichan Cruisers will be hosting a Rod Run on Saturday, August 18th (the evening before the show).
The Cruise is open to everyone regardless of whether you intend to participate in Sunday’s Show and Shine. There is no entry fee for the cruise, although donations toward the cause will be gratefully accepted – just show up and enjoy some good gearhead social time.
We’ll have TShirts from previous years for sale, Door Prizes and your last chance to pre-register for the show the entire evening.
The Rod Run will now gather and leave from the Cobble Hill Country Grocer side parking lot which has been reserved for our use.
5:30 – Live music starts, featuring local band “One Hit Away” (Check them out on Facebook)
6:30 – Rod Run cruise leaves the parking lot
7:30 – Band Restarts
7:40 – First car returns around this time
7:45 – Food ready at the BBQ (featuring smokies from Grimms Fine Foods)
???? – Wrap it up and head home until morning!
- Leave Country Grocer along the lower parking lot lane (closest to the highway), turn right towards highway
- Turn Right onto highway and proceed towards Duncan
- Turn Right onto Trunk Rd, get into left lane.
- Go straight through traffic circle at Maple bay road (Take first exit)
- Turn Left onto Donnay Drive
- Left onto Everest Way
- Right onto Maple Bay Rd
- Right onto Kingsview / Nevilane
- Left onto Osprey Dr
- Right back onto Maple Bay Rd
- Left onto Herd Rd
- Left onto Lakes Rd
- Left onto Trunk / Tzouhalem
- Follow Tzouhalem through to Cowichan Bay
- Turn Right at Wilmot Rd, just as starting hill out of Cowichan Bay
- Turn Left at 2nd Falcon Crescent rd.
- Turn Right back onto Wilmot
- Turn Right onto George
- Left onto Ordano
- Left onto McGill
- Right onto Glen Rd
- Right onto Cowichan Bay Rd
- Follow Cowichan Bay Rd back to Country Grocer. Please use same entrance we left from and go back to enjoy some Music and a hot dog.
– Watch for pedestrians and other cars in the parking lot.
– Obey all safety and traffic laws
– Be considerate of residents along the route
– No burnouts or hotdogging, particularly in the mall parking lots
– Have Fun!
*Note that details will be added and may change as we get closer to the date. Please be sure to check back and stay in the loop!