We will be hosting a Rod Run on Saturday, August 19th (the evening before the show). Cars are to gather by the Co-op CardLock at Mays Rd and the Highway (where Gerry’s Diner used to be for them what remember) between 5:30 and 6 p.m. We’ll start cruising at 6 taking a scenic route through Maple Bay and Cowichan Bay then finishing at the Country Grocer in Cobble Hill for a free BBQ courtesy of Country Grocer.
The Cruise is open to everyone regardless of whether you intend to participate in Sunday’s Show and Shine. There is no entry fee for the cruise, just show up and enjoy some good gearhead social time.
• Turn right (East) on Mays Rd.
• Right onto Bell McKinnon Rd.
• Left onto Herd Rd.
• Right onto Maple Bay Rd.
• Left onto Osprey Dr.
• Right onto Nevilane Dr.,
• straight through traffic circle, becomes Kingsview Rd.
• Left onto Samsun Dr.
• Right onto Salish Rd.
• Right onto Kaspa Rd.
• Right onto Chippewa Rd.
• Left onto Lower Chippewa Rd.
• Right onto Belcarra Rd.
• Left onto Kingsview Rd., straight through traffic circle
• Left onto Maple Bay Rd
• Left onto Everest Way, keep left and stay on Everest Way
• Right onto Donnay Dr., stay on Donnay Dr. to end
• Left onto Tzouhalem Rd.
• Straight through intersection at tennis courts, becomes Cowichan Bay Rd
• Continue on Cowichan Bay Rd. through village of Cowichan Bay. WARNING: Speed limit through village is 30 kph
• Left onto Cherry Point Rd, turn right at Sutherland Dr/Fairbanks Rd intersection (bottom of the hill) to stay on Cherry Point Rd.
• Right onto Telegraph Rd.
• Left onto Cowichan Bay Rd.
• Turn into Country Grocer before Trans Canada Hwy
– Obey all safety and traffic laws
– Be considerate of residents along the route
– No burnouts or hotdogging
– Have Fun!
*Please note that details may change as we get closer to the date. Please be sure to check back and stay in the loop!